Wednesday 10 June 2009

CV

Statement:

I am an active member of the arts community in Plymouth. I am dedicated to supporting the development and growth of Plymouth’s art scene and have a real passion for artist led activity, running events and participating in curatorial practice. To date I have been involved in working with and supporting a number of arts institutions in the city, including working on exhibition installations with Plymouth Arts Centre and Plymouth College of Art. I have recently been developing a series of public events in collaboration with Neil Rose and Matt Coombe from Café Concrete (Plymouth’s alternative, artist run, monthly sound night). 

I would really like to maintain and expand on the links I have already established in Plymouth - continuing to develop my practice as an artist and curator in the city and to realise my ambition to make a positive contribution to the arts community in Plymouth. I would, in particular, relish the opportunity to give something back to Plymouth College of Art. 

During the last 9 months I have become a key member of the exhibitions volunteers team, working as a gallery technician. I enjoy the problem solving aspects of this work, presenting work to a high standard, networking, building relationships with professional artists and working as part of a team.  

I have broad subject knowledge and have been inducted into all workshop areas of the College. I am a quick learner and keen to learn new skills and further develop my existing skills. I am motivated, reliable and organised - work well as part of a team and independently. I am computer literate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment